Melo started in response to the Covid-19 situation: Many of us found yoga classes helped deal with uncertainty. With yoga studios closed, online classes became essential to stay connected to each other as well as calm, flexible and happy.
Melo yoga classes are taught via Zoom - for and from a variety of nations. By taking advantage of online technology, we bring a wide selection of yoga styles and teachers to your home practice.
Melo takes the guesswork out of finding experienced and reputable yoga teachers. We hand-pick professional, knowledgeable and authentic teachers. Melo ensures you have access to a wide range of class options with teachers best suited to the style they teach.
Our experienced teachers know that the most important thing is being able to safely instruct and motivate our yogis to build their confidence, strength and stamina in their yoga practice. We focus on what happens on the mat, less on building social media followings.
There is more difference within styles and teaching of yoga online today than ever before.
If one teacher and style doesn't suit you, this doesn't reflect yoga as a whole, it could be that a different style (or teacher) might. Feel free to ask us more information about our classes, to ensure we find the right fit for you. Email email@example.com or drop us a line on social.
A good teacher is someone that you like and that you feel cares about your needs. These are the two criteria to go by when selecting a class. You'll only know which style and teacher you will like by trying it out or having a chat with them first.
Some classes on the timetable are more classical, some styles are more modern - the best form of exercise or class for you, is one that you enjoy, this is one you will want to do more of.
These tips will enhance your yoga practice and experience:
- A yoga mat or carpet should suffice. Be ready to work barefoot.
- Do not eat for 2 hours before your class.
- Please try to reduce caffeine intake and have water to hand.
- Bring warm layers, a blanket, socks or a cushion for the relaxation parts.
- Low lighting and free from distractions.
- Ensure you have at least a mat's worth of space.
- A yoga brick / strap or a low stool or chair sometimes will help with balance.
- A yoga wheel is essential for ‘wheel yoga class’.
- Please make sure your room is at ambient temperature - you're likely to get warm performing the asanas, depending on your class, you may like to open a window.
- Please be ready to log on 15 mins early - to enable any tech issues to be solved and for the class to start promptly.
- You don't have to have your web camera on, however, it will help the teacher if they can see you to help guide your form.
- Please mute yourself if you feel your environment is noisy (so as not to disturb the class).
If you select “active speaker” you will only be able to see the teacher - not the other participants in the class. This is the one all students tend to choose so it’s easier to see the teacher.
If you’re still shy, you’re welcome to turn your webcam off. It just helps the teacher to see if you’re following along safely.
You can also mute yourself (this is good if your environment is noisy) and unmute if you need to speak to the teacher.
The teacher will have the Zoom setting so that participants can only see the teacher and therefore you will not be able to see the other students and they will not be able to see you, once the class has started.
Don't worry! Just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via social and we will send you the recording to practise when you can*.
*Please note recorded versions are available for a maximum of 7 days after the class.