Melo Yoga Studio is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data. We take the privacy of our clients and any other individuals with whom we engage very seriously. We want to share with you how we treat personal data that we receive about you. We only collect personal data about you if you choose to provide information to us when you opt in or show interest in receiving updates from or engaging in communications with Melo.
- The legal framework
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent - for example when you opt in to receiving information or updates from Melo.
- Legitimate interest. In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests – for example when you have shown interest in receiving information or updates from us. Where we are relying on legitimate interests as the lawful; basis for processing your personal data you have a right to object.
- Contractual obligations. In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply.
- Legal compliance. If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
- When do we collect your data?
The occasions on which we collect your data include, but are not limited to:
- When you visit/engage with Melo website or social pages and enter information.
- When you contact us or correspond with us by any means with enquiries etc.
- When you choose to complete a survey, research or feedback form.
- When you purchase a class and enter into a contract for the provision of yoga class(es).
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share the information they hold about you with us.
- When you give express permission to join the email list: We will send you updates about temporary or permanent timetable changes, notifications and yoga tips. We will not remove anyone from the mailing list unless asked to. Each email will contain an unsubscribe link you may click at any time. NOTE: these emails may also come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you fill out a health questionnaire prior to a class we will keep this on file for the duration of your attendance to classes for emergency purposes. We will then keep the form for up to two years after we last see you in class (unless you ask us to destroy it) in case you resume classes at a later date (or unless you ask us to keep your form for longer). Any information I receive will be completely confidential. I may from time to time consult a physiotherapist or doctor if I have concern or query regarding a condition- or for general advice. I would never mention names in this case, unless I have permission to do so.
- What personal data do we collect?
The personal data which we may collect depends upon the means by which you choose to engage with Melo and the information that you choose to provide. This may include the following:
- Your name, gender, personal description and photograph
- Your address, postcode, e-mail address and mobile/telephone / social media contact information.
- Your financial information or transactional details.
- Your experiences, reviews, interests and preferences.
We generate personal data about you in the course of our dealings and correspondence with you. This includes keeping records of our engagement with you. We also work closely with third parties (for example, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, media agencies, analytics providers, search information providers, customer insight companies and may receive information about you from them.
- How we use your personal data?
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or agreements entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about updates and information about classes that we think may be of interest to you, including special offers, events etc.
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, booked or enquired about.
- To administer any competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- For research and marketing purposes.
- To respond to your queries. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you
- To protect our company from crime and comply with any legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you.
- How do we protect your personal data?
We will treat your data with the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it and we have defined security and privacy controls, processes and procedures to protect your data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll keep it no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed. Your personal data will then either be deleted or destroyed.
- Who do we share your personal data with?
In certain situations we may disclose your personal data to selected, trusted third parties, including but not limited to suppliers and service providers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. Direct marketing, research and advertising companies that help with our marketing strategy and communications with you. Data insight companies to ensure your details are up to date and accurate.
We provide only the information to these trusted third parties that they need to perform their specific service. They are contractually bound to use your personal data that we share with them with the sole purpose of performing the services we have engaged them to provide. We are careful about the amount of information that we share and consider this is in our legitimate interests, as well as those of the relevant third parties, and is not overridden by your privacy rights. You have the right to object to this.
- What are your rights over your personal data?
You are receiving relevant communications from us because you have previously consented to receiving communications from us, or you have engaged or shown interest in receiving updates about our services by providing such personal data to Melo. The data protection laws allow us to treat your previous engagement as amounting to a “soft opt-in.” You have the right to ask us to stop sending you communications at any time if you wish, as described below. Under the data protection laws you have the right:
- To request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases and within a month of the date of request.
- To ask us to correct your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- To ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels) or any other consent-based processing of your information.
- To ask that we delete your information if we do not have a good cause to retain it.
- To otherwise object to the way in which we use your information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any questions about our use of your information, please email email@example.com
- How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
When you provide your personal data we give you the opportunity to choose to receive further information about our services which we believe may be of interest to you. There are several ways that you can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us:
By clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (depending on who you had the email from) If you ask us to stop sending you communications, we will continue to keep a record of you and your request not to hear from us. If we deleted all of your information from our database, we would have no record of the fact that you have asked us not to communicate with you and it is possible that you may start receiving communications from us at some point in the future, if we obtain your details from a different source.
- Links to other sites
You may, from time to time, receive links to and from third-party websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies, terms and conditions and we do not accept any responsibility or liability in connection with any access or use by you of these sites. Please check the policies, terms and conditions of such sites before you submit any personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Scope of This Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is directed at our customers, and any external individuals with whom we engage.